In the high tech systems industry, multiple engineering domains have to be coupled to come up with novel and competitive products.
- Novel sensors and actuators.
- Adaptive control systems.
- Automated testing and deployment.
Modeling and simulation for high tech systems
20-sim is an excellent tool for the design and testing of components in the high tech industry. Typical applications are:
- Model electric drives using the components of the Electronics Library.
- Model linear stages and drives using the Mechanics Library.
- Model mechanical linkages using the 3D Mechanics editor.
- Design novel control systems using the Controller Design.
- Simulate your models and inspect the results.
- Visualize results using 3D Animation.
- Analyze your system using the Frequency Domain.
- Optimize your system using the Time Domain.
- Export models as C-code.
- Advanced system design using the Dynamic Error Budgetting.
- Using Scripting to automate code deployment and testing.
Example: UHPLC Pump
A world-class provider of innovative sample introduction, extraction and separation technology for analytical systems contacted Controllab. Their systems are used in laboratories all over the world. A key component of this company is their ultra high performance liquid chromatography (UHPLC) pump. This is a machine that can pump substances with a very accurate flow rate over a very large pressure range. For their new range of UHPLC pumps, the company wanted to achieve a level of performance, that would blow away the competition. This could only be met by a redesign of the existing pump.