In field of industrial automation and machinery, modeling and simulation is used for the design and testing of complex machines and systems:
- Robotic manipulators
- Fast and accurate machines
- Complex control systems
- Pick and place units
Modeling and simulation for automation and machinery
20-sim is an excellent tool for the design and testing of complex complex machines and systems. Typical applications are:
- Model hydraulic cylinders using the components of the Hydraulics Library.
- Model electric drives using the components of the Electronics Library.
- Model gearboxes and linear drives using the components of the Mechanics Library.
- Model mechanical linkages using the 3D Mechanics editor.
- Modeling physics using all libraries.
- Use PID controllers from the Signals Library.
- Simulate your models and inspect the results.
- Visualize results using 3D Animation.
- Analyze your system using the Frequency Domain.
- Optimize your system using the Time Domain.
- Export models as C-code.
Example: Feedforward Control
Machine control using feed forward (FF) can enhance the positioning and tracking substantially. The size of the systems is not important. Whether you are working with a micro system or a steel rolling mill, feed forward control offers enormous possibilities. A practical example is a project that was carried out at the Maritime Research Institute Netherlands (Marin). The company Controllab Product B.V. has implemented feed forward control on one of the towing tanks of the Maritime Institute and substantially reduced the tracking error.
Example: Impact Tester
Lansmont Corporation provides state-of-the-art technology to the world’s leading companies, government laboratories and educational institutions. Since 1971, engineers around the world have relied on Lansmont technology to discover product vulnerabilities and eliminate unknowns, and ultimately find the perfect balance between a product’s intended environment and its durability. In turn, Lansmont’s customers reduce damage and improve quality while supporting sustainability.