No products in the cart.
In science and education, 20-sim is being used for education and research in:
- Control engineering
- Mechatronic design
- Electrical drives
Modeling and simulation for science and education
20-sim is an excellent tool for teaching and doing research that involves modeling and simulation:
- Physical properties like inertia, stiffness of friction using the Mechanics library.
- System dynamics using the Frequency Domain.
- Control systems design using Controller Design.
- Model hydraulic systems using the components of the Hydraulics library.
- Model electric drives using the components of the Electronics library.
- Modeling sensors and signal conversion using the Signals library.
- Visualize results using 3D animation.
- Export models as C-code and test them on embedded hardware.
For universities and schools, we provide price-reduced versions of 20-sim:
- Student License: This license is only available for student education.
- Academic License: This license is intended for teaching and scientific research at universities and schools.
- Classroom Kit: The kits allows a universities and schools to make 200 copies of the software for educational purposes. Copies may be used by students and teachers on location and at home.
Please contact us for prices and options.
Example: Robot Walking
At the Control Engineering group of the University of Twente a lot of research is spent on various types of robots. This paper describes the work on the design and construction of Dribbel, a passive dynamic walking robot. Dribbel is a ‘2D-biped’: he can not fall sideways because four legs in a row are used (comparable to a person walking on crutches). This construction is chosen to focus on the forward motion, without having to solve the complex 3D stabilization.