In the aerospace industry, components and systems are meticulously designed and tested before bringing them into action:
- Electric power supply
- Fuel systems
- Engine drive components
- Flap actuator assemblies
- Landing gear
- Robotic systems
Modeling and simulation for aerospace engineering
20-sim is an excellent tool for the design and testing of components in aerospace engineering. Typical applications are:
- Model hydraulic actuators using the components of the Hydraulics Library.
- Model the power supply using the components of the Electronics Library.
- Model mechanical linkages using the 3D Mechanics editor.
- Simulate your models and inspect the results.
- Analyze your system using the Frequency Domain.
- Optimize your system using the Time Domain.
Example: Mars Rover
ExoMars (Exobiology on Mars) is a space mission currently under development at the European Space Agency (ESA), that will send a robotic rover to the surface of Mars. The rover will carry a comprehensive suite of analytical instruments dedicated to exobiology research. The rover will make use of electric actuators and related motion control systems.