In the process industry, 20-sim is of good use for spanning multiple domains and complex control engineering:
- Process flows and heating / cooling flows.
- Adaptive and advanced control system.
Modeling and simulation for the process industry
20-sim is an excellent tool for the design and testing of complex complex control systems and multi-domain systems in the process industry:
- Model hydraulic pump using the components of the Hydraulics Library.
- Model thermal effects using the components of the Thermal Library.
- Modeling physics using all libraries.
- Use PID controllers from the Signals Library.
- Design control systems using the Controller Design.
- Simulate your models and inspect the results.
- Visualize results using 3D Animation.
- Analyze your system using the Frequency Domain.
- Optimize your system using the Time Domain.
Example: Gas Ultracentrifuge
Urenco is an international company operating Uranium isotope separation facilities in the UK, Germany and The Netherlands (figure 1). The separation is done with gas centrifuges which were developed by Urenco. Several generations of centrifuges have been developed, each one with higher capacity, resulting in machines which are two orders of magnitude better than the first generations.