- Hydro-electric dams
- Water treatment
Modeling and simulation for civil engineering
20-sim is an excellent tool for the design and testing of dynamic systems for civil engineering:
- Model hydraulic pumps, motors and cylinders using the components of the Hydraulics Library.
- Model electric drives using the components of the Electronics Library.
- Model mechanical links using the 3D Mechanics editor.
- Use PID controllers from the Signals Library.
- Simulate your models and inspect the results.
- Visualize results using 3D Animation.
- Optimize your system using the Time Domain.
- Test control hardware using Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) simulation.
Example: Swing Bridge
KGAL (Kenneth Grubb Associates Limited) was formed by Ken Grubb in 1991 and today, as KGAL Consulting Engineers Ltd., offers a complete structural, mechanical, hydraulic and electrical engineering service in the field of hydro-mechanical equipment, through all stages of a project from conceptual design development to final commissioning on site. For the Media City Swing bridge, a feasibility study was carried out using modeling and simulation.