In the automotive industry, components and systems are meticulously designed and tested before bringing them into action:
- electric power supply
- fuel injection
- drivetrain components
- turbo machinery
- suspension system
- automatic brake system
Modeling and simulation of automotive applications
20-sim is an excellent tool for the design and testing of automotive applications. Typical areas of use are:
- Model hydraulic actuators for transmissions using the components of the Hydraulics library.
- Model the power supply using the components of the Electronics library.
- Model the suspsension system using the 3D Mechanics editor.
- Simulate your models and inspect the results.
- Analyze your system using the frequency domain toolbox.
- Optimize your system using the time domain toolbox.
Example: To be Done
In November 2007 the Solar Team Twente competed for the second time in the World Solar Challenge. This event is held every two years in Australia. The goal is to cover a distance of 3012 kilometres in the shortest time possible with the sun as the only allowable energy source. Determining the optimal speed of the solar vehicle is one of the key factors in winning the race.