- Created: 13 March 2017
20-sim 4.6.3 has been released. This build is a maintenance release with the following fixes:
4.6.3 (build 7733, March, 13, 2017)
- Fixed: do not rescale rectangles in an icon when the 'name' text is not inside the rectangle.
- Improvement: rectangle rescale should take into account the grid.
- Fixed: SVG-related memory leakage.
- Fixed: Exception when connecting a single port to a multi-port bond element after replacing a multi-bond junction by a single-bond switching junction.
- Fixed: Library blocks with masks could trigger an isRelease exception.
- Improvement: Model > Processing > Warnings/Errors > "Port is not used" renamed to "Power port is not used" since it does not apply for signal ports.
- Motion Profile Editor: Fixed: Help button was unavailable.
- Fixed: Tooltip for global parameters did not show a descriptive comment when using them in other submodels
- Fixed: Filter Editor did not open when inserted after a search action for this library block
- Improvement: better icon alignment to grid
- Feature: Add up/down buttons for rearranging the input and output ports
- Fixed: Selected item in the tree did not always correspond with the selected port
- Fixed: Adding ports until the list is bigger than the window should show the scroll bar.
- Fixed: When you create a new signal port and change it to output, the tree is not refreshed, so it seems that it is still an input
- Fixed: Create a new signal port and change its name and keep the focus on the name field. Add another new port using the toolbar button. Sometimes, the new port is not automatically selected in the tree and the name of the previous port stays active.
Linear System Editor
- Fixed: LSE showed chinese characters in the first node of the parameters list
3D Animation Editor
- Fixed: crash on some PCs when adding a spring to the 3D-animation
3D Mechanics Editor
- Fixed: Manual constraint joints could become automatically assigned
- Fixed: Not all syntax errors from the Global Relations Editor are reported to the user
- Fixed: Processing could fail for certain models when 'Optimize divisions' is enabled
- Fixed: When pressing "Save", 20-sim tries to check the current submodel. This should not be done, since the current submodel may not be finished yet or even fail any model checks.
- Fixed: Signal Mux block moves when switching implementations
- Fixed: Signal Demux block moves when switching implementations
- EulerAngles DLL: Fixed: EulYXZsFromRotationMatrix was accidentally calculating relative
- Fixed: Unit information in the simulator is lost when a model is opened ans saved without simulating
- Fixed: Disable certain menu options that are not available during simulation
- Fixed: prevent changing submodel implementations during simulation
- Fixed: A model in a path that contains a '&' could not be opened using scripting
- Improvement: Accept also forward slashes in the xxsimSaveModel function
- Python: Fixed: set_implementations() does not accept a dict under Python 3.x
- Python: Fixed: various scripting issues
- Python: added get_version() function (returns the 20-sim version)
- Octave: added: xxsimGetVersion() function (returns the 20-sim version)
- Octave: added support for Octave 4.2.0 (Windows, 32-bit only)
- Feature: C/C++ code generation templates can now tell 20-sim which integration methods are supported by this template. This allows for adding support for variable step-size integration methods in future versions of the templates.
- Fixed: C-code generation for string parameters with two backslashes generated three backslashes instead of four. Each backslash should be escaped separately.
- Fixed: Global string parameters that are assigned outside the generated submodel were generated as empty strings.
- Getting Started manual: Improvement: various corrections and clarifications
- Reference Manual: Fixed: function names in the tree should not start with a capital
- Reference Manual: Removed: reference to Windows XP and the X-file format (not supported anymore)
- Documentation generation: Fixed: SVG files generated by the XML documentation generation option could not be opened in other tools due to namespace issues
- Created: 05 October 2016
20-sim 4.6.2 has been released. This build is a maintenance release with the following fixes:
4.6.2 (build 7308, October, 5th 2016)
- Fixed: Renaming submodel could fail in some rare occasions.
- Fixed: In some occasions linearization of the model could influence the starting behaviour of the simulation model.
- Feature: F2 on submodel now selects the submodel name, which allows quick rename of model.
- Feature: tooltips with value are now also shown during simulation.
- Fixed: Background image update now works better when a local path is used.
- Fixed: Clicking on Print icon works again.
- Fixed: Renaming a submodel with states, now leaves initial value intact.
- Fixed: Tapping of a signal, starting close to a submodel with a long name (where name takes more space than icon) now works correctly.
- Fixed: Updating of string parameter array now works better. In some occasions that first element would get the concatenation of all strings.
- Fixed: Switching implementation of a submodel could incorrectly change equation code for variables that were paremeters in other implementation.
- Fixed: now all free ports are shown in the editor, and not only the ones closest to the mouse click
- Improvement: Better handling of global parameters and variables with a local scope.
- Improvement: Global parameters that have no assigned value at any location now gives a warning message.
- Fixed: A parameter that is used multiple times as initial value for an integral now works correctly.
- Fixed: Using a double ddt function could crash 20-sim.
- Improvement: Port list is now shown on left side.
- Improvement: Clicking on white space of radio button and checkboxes now works all right.
Linear System Editor
- Fixed: panel resize now shows scrollbars again when needed.
- Fixed: Linear system transfer to Matlab opens Matlab again in case it was closed.
- Fixed: Delay time now works correctly in Eigen Frequency editor.
- Fixed: When a too high order was chosen, 20-sim could crash.
- Fixed: use of limit function in an expression now works correct. Parenthesis were missing around the expanded code for the limit function.
- Fixed: EulerAngles.c in templates contained wrong function argument in function EulerAngles_EulYXZsFromRotationMatrix. EulOrdYXZr was used instead of EulOrdYXZs.
- Fixed: String parameters are now correctly generated in generated C-Code.
- Fixed: In some occasions 20-sim could crash on models containing a dependent state.
- Fixed: Equations with matrix index on left side, could end up in Output Equations where it should not be.
- Added VS2008, VS2010, VS2013 and VS2015 solutions to the C-Code template.
- Fixed: use of limit function in an expression now works correct.
- Fixed: FFT plot with pairwise input-output switched on could crash 20-sim.
- Fixed: Running a model containing the EulerAngles.dll more than 1000 times could cause that the DLL could not longer be loaded.
3D Mechanics Editor
- Fixed: Icon representation for viewport now represent actual view.
- Created: 11 April 2016
20-sim 4.6.1 has been released. This build is a maintenance release with the following fixes:
4.6.1 (build 6898, 8 April 2016)
- Translation: Dutch add translations for untranslated items and improve some existing translations
- Documentation: update element-wise power operator documentation: 20-sim also accepts a scalar
- Documentation: fixed: adjoint(T) matrix description was wrong
- New: added command line options to start 20-sim with a different scripting port:
- Properties dialog: auto-select the name of the submodel instead of the description field
- Fixed: processing of for ranges with variables used as index in the matrix
- Fixed: item focus and keyboard selection
- Fixed: select the port name automatically when adding a new port
- Fixed: masked library blocks like the MotionProfile wizard did not always update the 20-sim submodel
- Hydraulics: Fixed: valve arrows in the icon pointed in the wrong direction
- Fixed: code generation for element-wise power
- Fixed: code generation for matrix elements with variable indices
- Fixed: XXExponent2 needs xx_logarithm_2 in Arduino and StandaloneFMU template
- Fixed: StandaloneFMU: generated code did not compile with VS2010 (express)
- Fixed: StandaloneFMU: Outputs/Unknown indices are wrong when the model contains vectors or matrices
- Workaround: StandaloneFMU: VS201x compiler could hang while compiling models with many parameters (> 10000)
- Added: StandaloneFMU: support for the 20-sim Table2D block (requires Python during code generation)
- Disable certain right-click menu options during simulation that are not allowed
- Fixed: occasional crash on mouse hover when updating a variable reference in the 3D animation properties
3D Mechanics Editor
- Translation: fix diacritics characters
- Fixed: selecting Camera Move mode, moves the camera without holding the left mouse button